After reading several posts by varying authors, on personal websites or blogs, and going over everything to do with their works, or maybe one particular work, I can't help but feel the need to write a novel. I've written maybe two full short stories and plenty of prose, but nothing even close to a novel. All of a sudden, I have the biggest urge to not only finish one, but to track the progress online, get it published, and have fans to talk to and actually get into the career. I don't care if I actually fail, though that would suck, or if I don't make much money off of it, because that's not the point. I'm fine with having to actually work, with finishing school--actually, I want to do those things. I enjoy it. But maybe if I keep going over these things by other authors, I'll feel the need to write and actually get something done.
I've already started two more stories. I don't know if either has any potential or where either of them are going. One may only turn out to be a short story, but I don't know if I'd even like it as a novel. The other is more probable for a novel, but I don't know if I like it at all. I would love help, but I can't get that from other people. At least not any of my friends. Either their ideas are bad, in my opinion, or letting someone else in too early makes me that much less likely to finish. I am really going to try, though, no matter how many ideas I have to go through. It's exciting, really.
I took two tests today, and dominated both. Then I got my free gift from Aerie. All you need is the card, the a-list one, and you can go to the store and get a free gift on any Thursday of the month, along with 20% off on any purchase. The first gift I got was a $12.50 candle in a pretty tin. Another time I got a scented .. thing, that can go anywhere, last month was a little notebook (it was cute, but I didn't go and get that one) and this month is a small, scented hand lotion. It's a good size, smells nice, and the tube is pretty. So, really, if you don't already have it and like cute, girly things, you should go sign up today. It's completely free and you just get more benefits.
One more thing! Romeo & Juliet is playing at the Shakespeare Tavern and I am excited for this as well. I will probably go next weekend (on Thursday night, but I don't have anything on Friday), with a few friends. That's one of the best plays they could put on and we can go out to eat and I get to see Tim again.
February 05, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment