February 04, 2009

Hello!

Good afternoon. This is my brand new blog and I'm very excited. I have a livejournal account, but I am rather bored of that site and I want something new that's all for me--something that no one there will know of. Also, this broadens the amount of people I can meet and be friends with!

So, I'll make this a little introduction to start with. My name is Lisa and I live in Georgia, in the United States. I like doing yoga, going out to eat, meeting new people, discovering new cultures, reading (a lot), writing, talking about philosophy, religion, politics and government, Chinese food, and a wide range of music and films. I'm a vegetarian and I love fruit, and I'm starting to care about the environment and what-not. Sometimes I volunteer for the humane society, but I've helped at homeless shelters, too. I want to join some sort of peace organization when I'm done with college (I'm majoring in Enlgish) and travel everywhere.

I'm all about freedom and living life to the fullest. Eventually, I want to be a writer and/or editor, for novels or even a newspaper. I would love to have my own things published, but I don't have much as of now. I will try to do more and post it here! Oh, and I figured I'd go over the title of my blog. White Trilliums are Ontario's official (province?) flower. They're beautiful--one is at the bottom of my page--and Ontario holds something dear to me, but I won't go into that. I also just love nature and thought it was something super good to add.
That's it for my intro! Now for a short, real post.

------

But I don't have much to say. I have a lot of homework to do today, and I would like to work out before my art history class. Between this, I am going to be reading a few books my grandmother wrote about our family history and trying to fill out the family tree I'm making on ancestry.com. I would love to learn more about my family and see where I really came from. But, aside from that, I'm also reading extra books on the side and studying for tests and I need to clean up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment