I feel like going over the so-far events of my day, but before I do, I feel like there's something I should say. I haven't told many people so the information is seeping into the back of my mind, where I inevitably forget about it, which is something I do not want to do.
My grandfather has lung cancer. I laughed when my mother informed me and the reason behind that is that he has smoked for longer than my entire life, so what could anyone expect? A tumor has been growing on one of his lungs for some years and has reached golf ball sized proportions. It has caused the upper half of his lung to collapse, and the bottom would soon follow. He's to go in on Friday, I believe, to get the lung removed. The cancer hasn't reached his lymph nodes or metastasized so he should be alright. His breathing is already troublesome because of the tumor, so it shouldn't really get any worse.
Yesterday I woke up around 5 p.m. I set my alarm for ten in the morning, but I guess I just slept through it. I never went to sleep and ended up getting out of bed at around 7 this morning. I took a warm bubble bath, followed by a cold shower. In boxer shorts and a hoodie, I had some fruit on my back porch before scrambling some eggs and eating them with a cut up tomato. I almost went to the aqarium, but that's a long story.
Actually, that's pretty much the end of my day as far as interesting goes. I did finish my book today, so maybe I'll talk about that later. Oh, the trip to Florida is no longer going on because my father has to work the week my mother has off and neither of them really wants to visit the family down there. I'm bummed, but whatever.
Work starts tomorrow. I'll be back eventually.
June 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment