Finally, I had another busy, full day. I hate sitting around, and love having every minute full of something to do, something to get ready for, and somewhere to go. People complain about it, but maybe not having it all the time is just better. Between the busyness, or as part of it, I ended up watching a few movies. There might be spoilers.
Thursday night: Towelhead. It was a greeeaat movie. A thirteen-year-old half Lebanese girl goes to live with her father in Texas to learn how to act around men. Her father is full Lebanese, and therefore really strict on the things she does. She meets all the nighbors there and they each have a big role in her life, as well as a few kids at school. Guess I won't really ruin it.
Friday: Vicky Cristina Barcelona. This is one of my favorite movies. Two 20-something girls go to Barcelona, Spain, to spend some of the summer with one of the girl's relatives. At some party they meet an artist who later asks them to go away with him for the weekend and sleep with him (right out like that). They both go and through different situations fall in love with him, and eventually his crazy ex-wife comes back. The whole movie is weird and crazy, but it's also so romantic and artistic. I really want to be in Spain now. And away from cold weather.
Friday night: He's Just Not That Into You. I heard bad things about this movie, but everyone who said those things was obviously crazy. The plot invovles too many people and it'd be hard to say, but the previews cover it. It was a very cute movie, one to make you laugh (a lot), and even cry at some parts. Definite chick flick, I saw it with one of girl friends.
There's not much else to say at this point. I'm very sore from a pilates class I took yesterday. Oh! I made an appointment with my wellness center at the college and I'm getting a microfit test so I can start seeing a personal trainer. And it's all for free! I'm sort of nervous about the test, but it will only help in the end. I just hope the trainer says it's okay if I go to classes sometimes. If I get stuck with one routine to do daily, it will all go downhill. I hope it works out, though.
Also getting a doctor's appointment for a sort of.. I dunno, something medical I have wrong with me. To get that back on track. And I need a hair appt., even though I don't want it cut. Just a trim and a dye, hopefully.
February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment